Homemade Coloring Books!!!

Ever have trouble finding a coloring book for your little ones that is of their favorite character?  I have trouble finding lots stuff for Sully right now, he is into Mario and they just don't sell much Mario merchandise anywhere.  So I came up with a solution to our coloring book trouble yesterday and made one of my own!  The kids colored their pages before I got them in our book but Fallon didn't finish all her coloring so she can now go back and finish what she hasn't colored yet.  Here's how we made ours!  Enjoy!

First of all google coloring pages of your kiddos favorite character.  I of course, googled Mario and here are a few of the pages that I found!


Next my kiddos started their coloring!


While they colored I printed off a cover for our books (I also used a colored piece of paper for the back)!


Next needed ribbon, a hole punch, and some scissors.  I had some extra ribbon around the house but you could use several things for the ribbon (yarn, staples, brads,etc.).  Just be sure to set out the correct amount of material needed to secure your book together before getting starting to make this step easier on yourself.

Next I made three hole punches (this is much easier if you have a 3-hole punch not just a 1-hole punch).


After your hole punches are made start threading your ribbon through.


Once your ribbon is through voila!  A fun coloring book!


These are a perfect way for your little ones to have a coloring book of their favorite character and for showing off their artwork to Daddy once he gets home from work!!!

No comments: