The end of Ry's vacation and Easter weekend (Part 1)!!!

Since I have time and it's fresh in my mind I'm updating before Monday!  Yay!

Thursday

Friday was an insanely busy day in which I spent a good nine hours in the car.  First had to get everything at home packed, get everyone in the car, and then get one the road!  We got headed towards our destination (Pittsuburg,KS) and because we are so incredibly lucky both of our chilren fell asleep almost instantly!!!  About two hours into our almost four hour drive both munchkins woke up.  This wans't a bad thing necessarily because I had plans in place to keep them busy.  Well keeping Fallon busy is never an easy task but she was content until she threw up.  We discovered on this trip that Fallon has car sickness.  At least now that we know this we know the warning signs that tell us the puke is coming but hopefully since we now have this bit of information we can prevent it by keeping her occupied in the car.  We eventually reached our destination and immdiately had to hop in the car and head off to our first stop to have dinner with my brother in law, his wife, and their two girls.  It was a fun evening and it was nice getting to spend time with them...would have been much nicer had our daughter (who is hitting her terrible twos a bit early) not thrown a good hour long tantrum.  That girl is getting to be quite the fit thrower.  YAY us!!!  NOT!!  She is driving me nuts..have to step back and breath every now and again.  Anywho off my rant, we got done with dinner, dropped the kids, and Ryan off at my mother-in-law's house and she and I headed off to Kansas City.  My husband's Aunt Jackie and Cousin Kayla flew in from Milwakuee and they needed someone to pick them up so I offered to go with my mother-in-law to pick them up as she was tired and needed the company.  We got up to KC and I got to venture into an airport for the first time ever...yes I live a sheltered life...have never been on a plane or in an airport....anywho, we got them picked up, got back to Pittsburg, and climbed into bed by a late, late 2:30am.

Friday

Today started early....we had a huge dinner here at Ry's mom's house with lots of family!  It was fun and exhausting!  Ryan smoked ribs and chicken and we had loads of sides and had a huge and yummy meal!!  It was neat to see 8 of the 10 cousins in the family together but 8 kids ranging in age from 6 weeks to 12 years old made for one wild, crazy, and noisy time!  I am exhausted and ready for sleep but before I head to bed I have to get Fallon's carseat all cleaned up because tomorrow we need it clean to continue on our journey.  Tomorrow's stop: Mound City, KS!  Can't wait to see family there and celebrate Easter on Sunday!  Look for a new post and pics about the rest of our fun on Monday!  Happy Easter all!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I am so glad you got to see Holly and Tim and all their kids!! Tell Jeanette I miss her so much :)

Wow, car sickness? Poor Fallon! (and poor you and Ryan, sick!) What an eventful Easter you had. Not ONE dull moment.

I bet baby Josh is getting SO BIG! I really need to see everyone again, I miss this family so much!