Egg Carton Flowers on a rainy day!!!

Today in the Dembkowksi house has been very busy!  I scrubbed every inch of my house!  Did bathrooms, washed bedding, dusted, mopped, vacuumed, you name it, I cleaned it in my house today.  It was a hard day of work but I'm glad it's done and I can spend my weekend relaxing instead of cleaning.  I did take some time out of my cleaning to feed and bath my children.  Oh speaking of feeding them there's something new we have started at meal times that we are enjoying and I haven't told you about yet!  I make the kiddos breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, and then we sit down and while they eat I read to them!  Keeps them quiet because their mouths are full and focused because they can't get up and run around during the story.  They have really been enjoying that reading time and so have I.  At this point when Sully sees me start to cook or get any food ready he heads to the bookshelf, grabs a bunch of books, takes them to the table, then sits and waits patiently for me to get the food on the table and start reading.  It's fun, it's new, and my kids are even eating better thanks to this new change in our routine!

Anywho onto the fun part of the day for Mr. Sully!  Today we made egg carton flowers!  Cut up an egg carton so you have just the shells, paint the shells, let them dry, then poke holes and stick pipe cleaners in the bottoms, put in a vase, glass, cup, any container really that looks pretty, and voila a fun spring decoration that you can enjoy, and your munchkin can be proud of!!! 

Fallon was very into reading big books today as you will see!  Enjoy the weekend everyone!










No comments: